Sunday 3 January 2016

A SEASHELL LIKE LAUNDRY BAG

by: MisS VictoriA DaviD


A displayed item that is now in my possession!

We are given a guarantee by most shop managers that their products will be durable enough to last for years and are fit for their purpose. Is it? This is relevant for most items but the guarantee of durability is not applicable to all things. All goods have their lifespans which can be seen after a few usage; changes will occur and then gradually wear-and-tear develops.

One of the household items I had which didn’t last long was a laundry bag with stand. Its steel galvanized rack and the polypropylene plastic foot are still in good condition. However, weeks ago the polyethylene plastic wash bag just gave up. I didn’t have a spare replacement to use when it happened, so I tried my best to repair the lacerated fabric around the edges and luckily I managed to restore its original shape. What a genius... hahahahah!

The polyethylene plastic wash bag gave-up again and it's now in the bin. However, I managed to find a replacement when I was walking down the street. Lucky me!

My newly purchased laundry bag is so much more superior and has a lovely contour. Even though it was from a second hand shop, this seashell like laundry bag has an exquisite appearance. I bet, even you will approve too?

It is a basket made of straw which has been woven by hand, creating a light weight laundry container with strong grips on each side. These makes it easy to lift-up and move, from one place to another. And also, it has a well-fitting lid which covers and secures the contents of the basket. It also has a grip that helps give the lid a tight fit.

I restored its faded beauty and transformed its appearance using a bottle of deep mahogany varnish and more importantly, my magic hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger