Friday 29 January 2016

QUEEN VICTORIA'S COST-EFFECTIVE FACIAL COSMETICS

by: MisS VictoriA DaviD


I don't wear layers of make-up... 

In the old days, women pinched their cheeks to make it radiantly rosy and/or bit their lips to make it a kissably red shade and make it irresistibly soft. Those were the frequent D.I.Y (Do-it-yourself) practices by women who loved their innocent beauty to be lasciviously admired by handsome and well-off gentlemen in society. They were also fond of unfurling their big hand painted fans to dissimulate their impeccability as well as to giggle and cackle! 

We have different perceptions when appreciating our appearance. Thus, we have unique approaches in making ourselves elegant, alluring and very beautiful to others or for our own selves. Women have been using cosmetics for years to enhance their physical features or add more colours. It is either with the use of sponges, brushes or the fingertips, especially on the face. That is why, cosmetics on the market are in different varieties, forms and types. Like for example, foundation, concealer, lipstick, lip balm etc. which are identified as facial cosmetics. 

I love nature reserves like woods, country walks etc. and also, the man made structures like buildings, bridges etc. which are analogous to how I can appreciate and enjoy beauty in a broader sense. 

When I can bear going out without make-up, I try to keep my face natural as it could be like a kempt nature reserved. What I mean is, not as wild as the jungle where wildlife live! In addition to that, I always make sure to wash my face in the morning; comb my slightly interlaced hair; dress up glamorously and spray my favourite Eau de parfums all over me. Can you now smell my sweet scent? Wait, moisturiser has always been part of my natural look as it protects my skin from bad elements and rehydrates to boot!
 
Without further ado, dear ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my list of cost-effective facial cosmetics and their beauty purposes...

I have been using BIO OIL for years as my moisturiser aside from Nivea cream I only use at night. It is a skincare oil which helps in improving uneven skin tone and is effective as an anti-ageing as well as rehydrating the skin. I apply this skincare oil into my skin and leave it for 1 minute to be absorbed before applying my liquid foundation...

A minute after, NYC SKIN MATCHING ILLUMINIZER melded into my skin, from forehead up to my neck. It was like smoothly massaging my face and neck so it would blend well with my skin tone. I tried a few brands before even the expensive ones but always come back to this one. That is why, I have another 3 unopened in my drawer...

I leave the liquid foundation for 50 seconds before applying this NYC BIG BOLD METROPOLITAN BRONZING POWDER using a ROUND FOUNDATION SPONGE. Personally speaking, these two are simply inseparable. I don't scrape/rub the sponge into the powder like most of us will do. I only dab it or shall I say, I would place the sponge over the powder and squeeze it using its lid. It's because I just want to make it neutral which will ultimately blend with my natural skin tone. What's good about this is, it always gives my skin shimmering and glowing aftereffects...

My face is more or less ready. Am I pretty, now? LOL! I do use these two shades of AUTOMATIC WATERPROOF EYELINERS but prefer more the black. It makes my lower eyelids dramatic like Tutankhamun's fierce eyes. However, I don't draw too much of it and afterwards, I let it dry first before cleaning the edges with a cotton bud... 

My eyes are the windows to my soul and I make more emphasis of them by embellishing my eyelashes with LP BLACK LONG LASH MASCARA (right). It makes my eyes dramatic and blithesome but not ornery. The smudge proof and waterproof factors of this mascara make my eyelashes stay soft and lush-looking the whole day. You might like to try also RIMMEL EXTRA SUPER LASH BLACK MASCARA apart from this one. Furthermore, don't throw away your soon to be emptied mascara (left) as you can still use its content to either spruce up or deepen the prominence of your eyebrows... 

  
My mascara has settled after a minute of leaving it on my eyelashes. After that, I fluffed on enough VEIL DUSK FINISHING POWDER all over my face and neck with the used of a POWDER BRUSH. Then, dabbed off any excess powder a after a few minutes of leaving it. This powder is unperfumed which is allergy free-use and is also waterproof which will protect the underlying make-up and last all day...

Wait, I'm not finish yet my dear good and beautiful ladies... Patience, please? 

I always used these two, MUA MOSAIC POWDER ENGLISH ROSE and BODY KABUKI BRUSH, as for the finishing touch on my face. I swirled the brush in the powder with fusion of colours to add a flush of pinkness in my complexion. Hmmmmmp... I'm radiantly rosy and who will say no to blushing pink? LOL!

Was it the finishing touch? Yes, for may face but not to my overall appearance. The ultimate touch is to have a kissable lips which might tempt men to kiss my sexually pout lips. Am I right, guys? It sometimes slips my mind to paint my lips either in FRUITY SHINE CHERRY LIP BALM by NIVEA or in subtle PURE COLOR ROSE PETAL CRYSTAL CREME LIPSTICK by ESTEE LAUDER. I'm just another human being who is very far from being perfect, but most of the times I'm very happy going out without a shade of lip balm or lipstick.

We have our own ways of making ourselves pretty and prettier, when we are out and about. It doesn't matter whether you are wearing make-up or just happy being natural. Am I right? What we have to bear in mind is that, self confidence plays a big role in our lives and always yields favourable impressions and responses from others. Therefore, to be dignified and beautiful we must have enough self esteem so we don’t feel inferior in society, with or without facial cosmetics on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger