Monday 4 January 2016

THE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN I MET

 by: MisS VictoriA DaviD

The word beautiful is not only used to describe a woman’s attractiveness or the flawlessness of her skin. It is also used to show appreciation of her charming personality or the heart-warming esprit de corps when amongst a group of people. 

(With my Sistahs)
For the past years I’ve been traveling around the United Kingdom, I met various people with different personalities. A number of them are now my friends whom I welcomed genuinely to be part of my life, like my dear Sistahs (Tina and Jence) but some remained as just acquaintances. This is one fact of life and I can say, ‘in life we will come across thousands of people, but only a handful of them will delight our spirit as a human being’.
 
In reality and in my opinion, it doesn’t take years to know who is a good friend. One you can feel comfortable with talking about whatever there is to be discussed. In other words, our innate feelings will always guide and lead us to discern a person’s motives.  

I knew them before through a particular online social networking service. I even had the chance to see them closely when I attended some after dark events. Although it was only recently that I had the chance to communicate with them like sisters and also, pose beside them like models. I was like their Personal Assistant or in tagalog, Personal Alalay... LOL!!!

Before I start conveying an image of who they are one by one, I just want to let you know that my descriptions of them are my own words and are free from their own words.

 
I knew and heard many good things about MISS ISABELLE CORTEZ before meeting her in the flesh, for the first time, in one of The Wayout Club venues called 2AD. She was very approachable, engaging (especially our jokes) and more importantly, loved genuine people like herself. She smiles a lot and the next time we met, it was filled with laughter and silliness. So, we continued the friendship by exchanging messages and kept up to date with each other on Facebook. When beautiful people touched my life very profoundly because of their humble and loving personality, they stay forever in my heart. That is why, her sudden good bye left me in tears and I just couldn't believed that she is no longer with us. The warmth of her smile and the goodness of her heart were the sweetest attributes she showed to people she met like myself. Every time she slipped into my mind, it is her smile that made me feel that she is just around the corner. I will forever treasure my gleeful memories with your Miss Isabelle Cortez until my last day on Earth.

 ************************ 

When I was smoothly transitioning and still at the University in my hometown, I was able to watched her on the television. She was a star herself especially when she posed and conquered the stage in her swimwear and gowns. More importanly, when she introduced herself as a strong contender at the beauty pageants. So, when I met one of my beauty pageant icons of unfading beauty and towering height I was flabbergasted and full of joy, too. Yes, I met her in person and every time I bumped onto Miss Isabelle Cortez on a few occasions in the past, I also stumbled upon to Miss Asunta Mae. Truthfully, I don't know what it was about us three who got along so well every time we met. It seemed we were cousins/sisters. I think, it was the dancefloor as we loved wiggling our butts and shaking our smooth bodies like free birds. Ladies and gentleman, meet MISS ASUNTA MAE who is getting younger and more beautiful as years passed by.

 ************************

She's European with two passports and I'm a naturalised British with two passports, too. I could see similarities when it comes to our legal papers. Can you? But hey, our likeness doesn't just end up with those documentations. I first met her in the flesh when we both attended a beauty pageant entitled, Mr. & Miss Mango Tree 2013. That night, it was heaving with people but her milky glowing skin made her very conspicuous in my eyesight. She was holding her DSLR attached to the tripod while facing the stage when I suddenly approached and said, "hello and how are you, Sistah Nicola? That was the start of our friendship despite the fact we don't meet so much. MISS NICOLA is a smart and strong lady who supplements herself with a few languages and can ably defend herself if situations turn bad. I can also say that she is an honest friend who will always be there for you but won't tolerate any imperious arrogance in which I am the same, too! More importantly, she's a beautiful woman with a kind heart who speaks eloquently and wears no mask of pretense.

************************
A smile costs nothing and giving it to people won’t harm your integrity. This is how I and MISS SAHARAJEN DALE got to cross one's path when I attended two of Miss T.G. Diamond beauty pageants at Great Portland Street and Greenwood Theater in Central London. Sadly, we never had the chance to chat as we sat far from one another but those nights a friendship began. Nowadays, Facebook connected us together and because of her loving as well as companionable personality our exchanging of comments and messages have been delightfully peachy. 

 ************************

Her condescending look intimidated the best in me when we first encountered each other at The WayOut Club. She was wearing all black and gave me a pretty aloof greeting when our eyes met that night. Honestly speaking, I thought of her as a belligerent lady who will give someone a hard time. But I was very mistaken to think bad of MISS RENÉE CAPA! The second time we met in the flesh, I felt very guilty to have assumed bad of her personality. Genuinely speaking, she was very approachable and down to earth too when we were chatting to each other. More than that, she was quite a 'kikay' (a lady who likes fixing herself up and being cute) which emphasized the charming and bright sides in her.

************************

I stumbled upon her face first by chance on Facebook when one afternoon I was multitasking, writing and chatting to my sister on the web. It was just a quick visit onto her profile and my first impression of MISS JODIE ARABELLA DAIMBA because of her flawlessness was that she’s from Europe. Coincidentally, while I was waiting patiently outside a station on London Underground’s Northern Line I saw a woman who came out and responded to me with a warm smile on her face. I called it serendipity as we both had a common friend who had brought us to South West London. On the day we both saw each other outside the station I never thought of talking with her face to face and thought our genuine smiles were enough. Moreover, the main reason we both went to the same district and house was to give our full support to our common friend the night she paraded her beauty, elegance and wit on stage. 

************************
I went into a room and there she was untangling her hair rollers while facing the mirror and verbosely talking to us. Actually, I was just listening to their conversation while watching them carry-out their own make-up. The day I met in the flesh MISS CHOYINS TESCO CRUZ, she was like a fidget who showed me around the house wearing hot pants which exposed her elongated legs. What I liked about her too when we were in the house was that, she talked to us passionately and pleasingly which gave me the feeling she’s an adorable lady. Besides, her cheerfulness and thoughtfulness to her friends, makes her worth keeping as a friend. Approach her and she will never fail to engage with you with her soft womanly voice!

 ************************ 

 
I called and treated her as Inah (Mother) ever since we talked over the phone and have to admit, it is as though we have known each other for years already. What I hold in high regard most about MISS LAURA LOON is her buoyant and friendly personality, as not all women can be approachable. I am also impressed by her colourful lifestyle and the way she always gets dressed-up. In my opinion, it shows great confidence and also implies that she has a strong mind of her own. 

 ************************

 
We first met in the flesh in a bar at Crosswall and later at an event in Mango Tree Restaurant. I even had the chance to chat to her at those places before the noise got too ear splitting! Our chats showed that MISS ABBY TOLENTINO was an endearing and amiable woman because of her warm personality. She consistently delights people who met her in the flesh. 

Broadly speaking, when you are treating the people you just met as friends or as family members rather than as an advantage in life, you will surely never have a problem  when engaging with them as a genuine person! 

*ALTERED this year but first published in April 2013
*Photos courtesy of their Facebook accounts 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger