Tuesday 6 June 2017

HYBRID RED HEAD: MANFROTTO COMPACT ACTION ALUMINIUM TRIPOD



It has become my bosom buddy when it comes to most outdoor and some indoor photography. 

The recognisable cellular phones and compact camera's selfie stick was first patented in 2005 by its own inventor, Wayne Fromm. He is a toy inventor who experimentally created the once called Quick Pod and is now popularly known in the selfie society as selfie stick. However, before the growing numbers of different varieties of selfie stick, there has been already the anamnesis photographic Tripod. It is mainly a piece of three legged equipment which is light & rigid and is used to stabilise & elevate a camera, a flash unit or other photographic gear. Same as the selfie stick, the photography tripods vary in sizes and weight. In particular, the popular and easy to handle Travel Tripod which is small and light enough to be carried on your back or be placed in a rucksack. It has a good quality aluminium or carbon fibre components with typical specifications and are suitable for entry level DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) cameras and professional fast telephoto lens.

I just started learning the advanced technicalities and artistry of taking pictures using DSLR camera. It has given me excellent feelings every time I captured very vivid and detailed pictures with the inclusions of its bright nitty-gritty elements. That is why, liking the fiddly introduction of its technicalities and then, loving the refinement of DSLR camera has been straightforward for me. If you are fond of appreciating the beauty of photography you might love it, too. Therefrom, my determined desire to own one of the travel photography tripods became clearer and stronger. I first bought a quite basic tripod which had the usual specifications. Unfortunately, I made a wrong decision in buying cheaper priced equipment which I swiftly returned on the day I received it via postal delivery. It was very inferior in quality with the overall wobbly and uneven structure. I learnt a 'catchpenny' lesson after that but still pursued my first choice in my mind. Its the substantial, reliable, easy to set-up and manipulate Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminium Tripod in Hybrid Red Head. 

When I was looking for a Manfrotto Tripod, I found out that it varied according to material, head type, leg type, colour and more so, the minimum/maximum height as well as weights. It was like information overload as all I desired was a steady travel tripod. Thank you to free video reviews published by unselfish people who outlined the detailed information within the snap-of-a-finger on YouTube. After 30 minutes of imbibing the facts and assessing their criticisms, I was very firm what I would like to buy with my own cherished colour. I diverted my attention and looked up for the best deals until I found the one. Boldly, I placed an order with no averse second thoughts! Two of many advantages of online shopping are, you can compare a few items at the same time using their product information and specifications as well as reading the reviews of satisfied and upset previous customers. Then, if you have been enlightened and decided on what to buy, everything is just at your fingertips on World Wide Web. 

A few days after my purchase, a rectangular in shaped box was delivered and handed over to me. I knew already what was inside and as always, I set aside everything I was doing in order to have a glimpse of my new equipment. There it was, the labelled box and within was a padded shoulder bag containing my newly colour of blood travel tripod. When I finally held it and felt its cutting-edge, I spoke softly to myself why I bothered to try the cheaper, wobbly one in which Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminium Tripod in Hybrid Red Head was indeed my arch choice. 

Ever since then, the practical usefulness of it has been well-appreciated when I took landscape pictures outdoor and portrait photographs indoors. When planning to undertake pictures in the open air, I usually placed it in my rucksack together with my Nikon D3300. I was like the adventurer version of “Dora the Explorer”!


Recently, I have used it regularly in Corfu, Greece especially during our fabulous bus trip and for my multiple self-made swimwear photo shoot. Assembling your tripod, setting the timer on and posing like no one else is around for the sake of alluring and fascinating photos will always attract inevitable gaffes. As a matter of fact, I experienced it when we were on the beach and while trying to set-up my tripod I woke up most of the sun lounger users who gave me a cryptic and bewilder look. I disturbed their state of repose drowsiness and then, prompted them with continuous selfie. 

The Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod is a high-quality aluminium and technopolymer design weighing 1.5 klgs which is perfect for entry-level DSLRs photographers. I found it to be lightweight when carrying it on my back given how compact and solid it was. It is a three legged tripod with an adjustable centre column and each leg has 5 leg sections with up to 21 degree leg angle expansion. I have to say that the 4 latches in each leg and the centre column's knob were painless to disengage. The entire lengths can be extended accordingly as it has a minimum height of 1.4 feet (44 cm.) and a maximum of 5.1 feet (155 cm.). I always used the maximum height, either indoor or outdoor photography, as it's agreeable and appropriate with my stature. Apart from that, it has an ergonomically smooth joystick head with natural movement and incorporated regulating dial as well as wheel mechanism for camera's stability. Moreover, the circular quick release camera attachment and the maximum freedom photo-video selector are invaluable enhancements to this travel tripod. 

There are choices of photography tripods out there, but if you are still learning the more advanced technicalities of DSLR photography. Why not include a travel tripod as one of your helpful accessories. In one's own view, Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminium Tripod in Hybrid Red Head has been my bosom buddy in remembering captured recollections!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger