Monday 18 September 2017

MIDNIGHT, TEXAS

It can be said that in any family snap there is always a black sheep; one who does not quite fit in. No matter how memorably special was the picture when it was first taken. Elaborately speaking, when you feel at variance with the rest you'll eagerly gravitate to follow your gut feelings which are anchored by your intelligence. What more does it entail? You will soon find your sole path, then sweep yourself away from the majority and/or renounce any forms of direct communication with the people you have loved and cared for. 

I just started watching another American Supernatural T.V. series based on Charlaine Harris' book series. I read a synopsis and heard an outline of the T.V. series before but never bothered with it because of my fondness of the Mikaelson siblings in The Originals

The first episode of Midnight, Texas was only playing for a few minutes, when I jumped to the conclusion that it wouldn't be my cup of tea. I labelled the first few minutes of the episode as quite a stereotypical story. The scene of a guy, Francois Arnaud a.k.a. Manfred Bernardo, running away from the troubling threats of his mysterious creditor, Hightower. Personally speaking, I don't now have the fitter and higher quality of patience I had years ago when watching films or series that mainly involved cliched stories. I would prefer more real life documentary programmes in which dramatic temper tantrums are not included (the least) and with no hackneyed happily ever after ending. 
(Francois Arnaud a.k.a. Manfred Bernardo)
When I almost decided to stop watching the “Pilot” episode and not bothered with the programme. Francois Arnaud a.k.a. Manfred Bernardo  had just driven to the ingress of a small town called Midnight, Texas; he was running and this was his final destination. That was the time when my attention shifted and I continuously watched it. The small town setting reminded me of True Blood's' small town in Louisiana and more importantly, the main characters made me think of X-Men's fictional characters.

The main characters in this series are inhabitants of a small town where the concept of normal is relative. As a matter of fact, the town itself is a safe haven for vampires, witches, psychics, hit men and others with extraordinary backgrounds; who work together. Once you are in Midnight, Texas and the leading supernatural inhabitants come to trust you, you will be welcomed into this elusive family. A family who work together in fending off the presence of unruly biker gangs, questioning police officers and shades of their own dangerous pasts.



After finishing the Pilot episode of this series, I inextricably played another one. Thereupon I pursued and without knowing I just ended up finishing the “Blinded by the Light” episode. I didn't regret it as I saw a beefcake man fallen angel in the persona of Jason Lewis as Joe Strong. I WANT MORE, PLEASE! 
(Jason Lewis a.k.a. Joe Strong)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger